If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Unplugged

I just saw this commercial on TV. A man and a woman in a rowboat on a lake. They are talking about something (I wasn't really paying attention) when the woman points out that there is a hole in the bottom of the boat and it is leaking. The guy says something along the lines of "No problem, I can handle it." While he looks for something to plug the leak, the woman takes a tampon out of her purse, inserts it in the hole (removing the applicator and leaving the strings dangling for easy removal later, I guess) and stops the leak. Then it goes to the tag line about Tampax Pearl something or other.

Now, I realize that this commercial is not targeted at me but is comparing a woman's period to a leaky boat a good idea? What is the message they are trying to send? Is it like the old Secret deodorant commercials and they're saying "Strong enough for a boat...but made for a woman!"

No comments: