If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm Running Without A Shirt And All The Women Are Getting Wet

This post brought to you live and in the nude by Fiber One (click for a free sample)! If you're still reading I'll assume you don't have a very vivid imagination.

I ran Central Park this morning in the rain. I normally would have waited for tomorrow when the chance of rain is 50% (and now that I just checked it is 0%) but I will likely be doing something more interesting than running.

What kind of people run in the rain? Anecdotally, I saw more fit people (I assume the less fit use any excuse to stay home). Also, more men, about a 5:1 ratio of sausages to buns (vs. about a 3:1 ratio in good weather). Almost no bikers (who aren't ever running but I'm expanding things to "exercise in the rain") and one lone rollerblader. Overall, for the runners, I'd say there were about 50-75% of the normal number.

I planned to run about 6.5 miles but I didn't because I didn't want to walk home in the rain.

So I ended up running 7 miles.

No comments: