If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Yo! Handbasket!

After two weeks I finally got to the climax with Galileo's Daughter and immediately fell asleep. Actually, first I called a friend (one of two people) who had recommended Galileo's Daughter to me and then fell asleep.

After reading this book, I have to declare the Catholic Church the most f**ked-up organization in the world. (By the way, I'm including in that comparision all the companies I've ever worked for and they're all pretty f**ked-up.)

Now, you may be thinking, "But Jay, you read Dianetics. How can the Catholic Church be more f**ked up than the Church of Scientology?" That's a good question. For that matter, you could point out Jews For Jesus, which, by its own name is f**ked up. The reason these can't compete is simply a matter of size. Here's the formula:

f * a = F

where 'f' is how f**cked up the idea is,
'a' is the number of people who adhere to this idea, and
'F' is the total f**ked up-edness of the organization.

By the way, I'll be investigating Islam, Hinduism and Buddism soon so these results may vary. But for now, congratulations to the Catholic Church!

2 comments:

Jenntos said...

Yeah, I read Galileo's daughter a few years ago. I found that there were interesting points to it, but kinda lagged too. I also thought it was more about Galileo than about his daughter.

I think the Catholic Church is pretty f*ed up too.....

talljay said...

wb cf