If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, September 13, 2018

In Russia, bar walks into you

Let's take a break from my Onion-y headlines for a moment.

In July my GF and and I went on a cruise that left from and returned to Southampton. Upon our return to Southampton, we rented a car and drove to Stonehenge.

As you can see, this took us straight through Salisbury. We did not stop in Salisbury.
After visiting Stonehenge, we were hungry. We had planned to get fish & chips (it's England!) and I had scouted out a few places. We decided on Mitchell's Chippy.
First, let me say, this place was great. It is a real neighborhood place. Everything made burn-your-mouth fresh.
Second, we did not realize at the time that Salisbury was were the Novichok poisonings had occurred.
Third, we ARE tourists and we did not even know that there was a "famous cathedral" in Salisbury.


No comments: