If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

I sure hope these are posting

I was thinking about what to write. The funny stuff sounds like complaints in my head. So, here is my positive view of the trip so far.

The flight to EWR showed Silver Linings Playbook which was as good as the first time I saw it.
On the leg to Beijing, I watched Taken 2. Think Schindler's List but replace the Nazis with Albanians and replace money and jewelry with fists and bullets. During the movie I ate a pork chop (instead of gefilte fish). My favorite line, "I'll try some of that port" which was not in the movie.

After a 2 hour nap, I watched Wreck-It Ralph while eating braised beef over noodles. As for the movie, the meal was delicious!

Another 3 hour nap and then I watched Smashed while eating the Chinese breakfast of champions, congee. Smashed was good but I would recommend watching it before the port. Congee was like eating grits with some chicken on it. Good stuff.

Just as an aside, I don't think meclizine actually lasts 24 hours. Things got a little bumpy approaching Beijing and I was thinking, "I don't think that congee will fit in that bag."

No dinner last night. For some reason I was not hungry.

Walked around a bit and found a supermarket. If you've been to an Asian market in the US then you still have no idea what it is like here. I bought a case of 12 bottles of what I hope is water. 12-550 ml bottles for 7 RMB! Take that Costco! I got a lot of stares. Hopefully because I am a giant here and not because I bought something I should not have.

I slept from 11 last night until 4 this morning. I should be synched up in one more day.

No comments: