If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Friday, July 25, 2008

You Know What They Say, "Big Screen, Big Pic"

I got a new TV and it was delivered yesterday. It replaces an old 46" rear projection model. When the delivery guy saw it, he asked what I was going to do with it.

Me: I'll sell it it.
DeliveryDude: Really? I delivered one of these the other day and the woman there tried to give me her old set; just like this one.
Me: Hmm.
DD: Yeah, for free! But it was just me that day and I couldn't get it down the steps.
Me: Yeah, they're pretty heavy.
DD: Yeah, I thought about it but I didn't want it to fall on top of me! You need help moving this one?
Me: Nope. It's on wheels. I'll just roll it over here.
DD: Oh...

One interesting feature of the TV is it has one of those tiny slots that you can use with a laptop cable thingy to lock it to something. Somehow, I don't see that being much of an impediment.

No comments: