If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Grease Was The Word

1977-1979

That was the last time we had a President, House and un-filibuster-able Senate all from the same party. Yes, those sure were the economic good old days.

I can remember my dad telling me how he bought gasoline for 36 cents a gallon while we waited in a line around the block to fill up the car. Only to drive away disappointed when they ran out.

Unemployment was down to 7% from the crazy 8% it was just a couple years before. My WIN button kept inflation at a tiny 8%. I'll look through my belongings and see if I can find it. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did I miss something? In 2002 with Bush in office I though the Republicans had 51 US senate seats and 229 house seats. That gives them a majority in both houses of Congress.

Unknown said...

Sorry, not reading - that's not an un-fillabusterable majority true....

talljay said...

Dave, please see what Dave said. :)