If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Can You Beat My Monkey?

The new phone book is here! The new phone book is here!

Actually, it's not that exciting. It's the new hurricane prediction from CSU. William Gray (noted hurricane predicter) is predicting nine, yes NINE, hurricanes this season.

Much of the news coverage of this "event" has changed this slightly, announcing there will be nine hurricanes this season. Even better is when they imply that the US will be hit with nine hurricanes this season. Nothing better than a little FUD to get those ratings up.

If you are wondering how accurate these forecasts are (as I did) the AP has provided a helpful graph showing that over the last 6 years, the forecasts are basically useless. Why does the news even cover this guy? How much worse do his forecasts have to get for before he is ignored by the media? A monkey could do better.

And to prove it, I took my Superfly Screaming Woot Monkey and shot him up my stairs. He landed on the 10th stair and so clearly:

My monkey predicts 10 hurricanes this season.
How many years does my monkey have to beat Mr. Gray before the media will cover my monkey?

My monkey predicts...TEN YEARS!

No comments: