If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Miracle Without A Plane Crash

A couple of nights ago I was at the grocery store; Aldi to be specific. I'm at the checkout line and there are two women in front of me. The one currently checking out is trying to use her debit card and it's not working.
She explains how she just used the card earlier that afternoon. The cashier guesses that maybe she doesn't have enough money in the account (her bill is $9 and change). The customer explains that it should automatically overdraft from her savings account. After several attempts she gives up and starts going through her handbag. She finds three dollars and starts working on finding loose change.
Meanwhile, the line at the cashier (there is only one open) grows and people are starting to grumble. And then the Miracle on 7th Street occurred.
The woman in front of me (who may not have been Albanian) offers to pay the first woman's $9+ bill! She does and even refuses to take the $3+change that the first woman had scrounged from her handbag.
Wow! That's about the nicest thing I've ever seen.


Maybe I'll try to get someone to buy my groceries the next time I'm there. (That's a joke people!)

No comments: