If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Friday, July 21, 2006

For Serious Investors Only!

During my morning routine I usually watch a little CNBC. This morning there was a guest on whose investing advice was so important that I must forgo my usual feeble attempts at humor to ensure you get this ground breaking advice. This person (Richard Suttmeier from Joseph Stevens) gave the following critical advice:

"Investors today have to be aware that this is a bear market[*] and they have to have investment strategies to take advantage of that and that is: on these big days up--that we get--to look to raise cash in stocks they've been long for the long term and then, on weakness, look for other opportunities in the stock market."
You might want to print that out. I'm not sure if quoting that is considered "fair use". I'm expecting to receive a letter from somebody's lawyers soon telling me to remove this post. It's really a race between that letter and being "slash dotted" or "digg.com"ed first.

On the other hand, given how many people will start implementing this strategy, you might try a contrarian view. Buy stocks when they are up and sell them when they are down. I already know several people who use this strategy. Apparently they are happy with it as they continue to use. They must be raking in the dough.

See you in the rich house!

* - Note that this advice is limited to bear markets only. If the market goes flat or turns bullish, I guess we'll have to tune in to find out what to do.

No comments: