If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Named By The Same Guy Who Couldn't Spell Socks

When I was around 11 or 12 years old, a wave of chicken pox hit my school. Almost everyone got it. Everyone except me and my next door neighbor. It seemed very clear to me why I did not get it. I went to my mother and said:

me: I'm immune.
mom: What?
me: I'm immune to chicken pox.
mom: But you never had them before.
me: I'm naturally immune.

My mom rolled her eyes and lit up a cigarette.

About a year later my neighbor got the pox and my mom rushed me over to be with him. She wanted me to get chicken pox while I was still a kid. I heard something about it causing sterility if a man got it as an adult. I protested, "But I'm immune!"

My pox covered friend was not much fun to be around but I endured. We sat around. Watched TV. Ate Lil' Smokies and frozen pizza bites. Actually, it wasn't much different than when he didn't have some disease.

A couple weeks later, with only a slight smirk and a glint in her eye, my mom said to me "Immune, huh? I'll get you some Caladryl. And stop scratching, you'll get scars."

No comments: