If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Oui Oui Oui, All De Way Ome

Here's good news: all my toenails are healthily attached! All my fingernails, too. That makes me 19-1 for the week. Fortunately for me I normally have 20 nail-endowed phalanges. If the toe in the previous Toe Postie had been depigitated because he had stupidly stayed home while the others went to market or had roast beef, then I could find myself right in the middle of a 19-0 fight.

Apparently, a guy trademarked "19-0 The Perfect Season" about 10 years ago when the Denver Broncos were the greatest football team ever. Now, the Patriots are fighting for it.

The New York Post yesterday mocked the Patriots’ attempt to trademark “19-0” and “19-0 The Perfect Season” and “Perfect Season,” and the tabloid even applied for its own trademark - “18-1” - in anticipation of a Giants victory.
I pretty much stopped watching the NFL last year after they started showing some games on the NFL Network, exclusively. That works in baseball because there are so many games, nobody cares about any of them. If you are just a general "baseball fan" there's always a game to waste your time on. Same holds with the NBA and NHL (although nobody seems to watch any of those games). But last year, the NFL whipped out its uber-schlong and smacked all its fans in the face with it and most guys said, "Thank you sir. May I have another?" or "Please, sir, could I have some more?"

But I digress.
“My main concern is that I don’t want the Patriots to jinx themselves,” said New York attorney Craig Mende, a Lexington native and Pats fan.
When you pick an attorney, do prefer those that do, or do not, believe in jinxes?

No comments: