If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Tempting Fate

No, this is not another anti-religion diatribe. I was in Target on Monday and they had their Halloween stuff out (it has actually been out for a couple weeks, right after the back to schoool stuff disappeared). This got me thinking about how much candy I'll need for Halloween. I don't see many kids in the neighborhood but there are some nearby that wait for buses in the morning. So, against better judgement I picked up some candy so I got the 70. oz. Nestle assortment (Crunch, 100 Grand, Baby Ruth and Butterfinger).

I could hide the candy so as not to be tempted but that would indicate weakness. No. No. I will keep the candy on the baker's rack right next to where I perform the (queue Tchaikovsky) Dance of the Mixing Cereals. So far, so good but it's only been 3 days. I think I'll be OK. The real test will be after Halloween when I've only given away 6 pieces of candy and have 99 left. Then I'll buckle and have to bring it in to work to get rid of it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This actually brings up an interesting question that Annie and I have discussed. I want to get candy and a cooler full of beer. I figure that the kids should not be the only ons who get something. So I thought that we could also give beer to the parents. I know from a liability perspective this is not a great idea, but I'm still considering it.

mess

talljay said...

mess - if you're giving out beer, I'm trick or treating at _your_ house!

Jenntos said...

Jay's costume will be the work thong.

talljay said...

cf - Now _that_ is scary!

Anonymous said...

Good Grief! I almost Ralphed my breakfast when I saw that work thong! talljay if you decide to show up for your Holloween Treat please make sure you get the Brazilian Bikini Wax First!

Mrs. Mess

talljay said...

Mrs. Mess - Done. Not too painful either. Here's my secret: numb the area first with three or four shots of Irish Whiskey (actually, most any spirits go with the a good Halloween Wax). [colective moan from audience]