If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

(Not Tom) Delayed

I admit much ignorance over this Lent thing. After reading cluefairy's comment about how her friend gave up chocolate, it reminded me of last year (or was it two years ago?) when my friend did the same. The conversation went something like this:

Me: You gave up chocolate for Lent???
Friend: Yes.
Me: Why didn't you give up something like pig snouts. That would be easier.
Friend: You're supposed to give up something important to you.

Do you know how sometimes someone says something to you and 3 seconds, or a few minutes or, even, hours later you think of the response you should have given them? Well, I just set a new record of a year (or two) delay. What I should have said was:

Me: Your religion seems important to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, THAT'S comedy!!!

Thanks, Jay

Z

talljay said...

I will post a witty response...next year. Stay tuned! :)