If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Just Chirp Your Heels Three Times

Here's an idea I offer to anyone who will make the damn thing and send me a dozen or so. A smoke detector with a clock so that when it detects a dead battery, it won't chirp at 4am. Has a smoke alarm battery ever died in the middle of the day? Ever?

I'll leave it to my readers to guess how my night was.

Dad called this morning in such a cheerful mood, it could only mean one thing.
Great breakfast? Nope.
Some tall guy is replacing all the batteries in the smoke detectors at his home? That's not it either.
They took down the sign that said "No digital exams." Ewwww, nooo.
His tests came back and they removed the entire tumor and he doesn't need chemo. Nyet.
He's being released today? Chirp, chirp, chirp. That's right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news.

Rick S.