If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

What You Looking At, Willis?

I kind of use this blog as an adjunct memory. I assume at some point in the future I'll read through the whole thing but, for now, I only re-read posts if I'm referring back to them or if someone gets to my blog using some weird search term. And when I say weird, I mean that in a relative sense. Some of the "normal" searches that lead to my blog are:

  • I hate nerds
  • Thanks for the gumball Popeye
and the occasional
  • vaginagirl
I'd list some of the weird searches but I've forgotten what they were. Why did I start this post?

Oh yeah. I thought I already posted about how my oven exploded the other day but apparently, I forgot to do that too. What I really need is a place online to keep track of my thoughts. More about that at the end of this post.

OK. Back to the exploding oven. Well, maybe the word "exploding" is over-doing it a bit. And maybe the word "oven" is also. What happened was I was making lasagna. After 40 or so minutes of baking I went to switch on the broiler to brown the cheese a bit. As I flipped the knob from "bake" to "off" (with the plan to continue on to "broil" which, I see, I already wrote was my goal) a huge spark (and I use the word "huge" in the masculine sense where, for example, "My dong is huge" translates to a 2 or 3 inch spark and here I use the word "my" as an example of a word someone else would say as my own dong is too large for description with such small words)...where was I? Yes, a huge spark shot out of the knob (not out of my dong) and the oven went dead. Fortunately, I spent 5 1/2 years getting a degree in electrical engineering and I knew how dangerous this situation could be.

So, I went downstairs and flipped the tripped breaker back on, turned the oven to "broil" and browned my cheesy lasagna. I noticed that both the "bake" and "broil" elements came on during "broil". I also noticed later that, even though the oven was off and cold, the thermostat light never went off.

I called the apartment manager and they looked at it and said they'd replace it ASAP. That was a bit over a week ago. Now my dilemma is this: Since it's going to be replaced, I don't see why I should bother to clean it. Do you change your oil just before you trade-in your car? Do you clip your nails before a manicure? Do you shoot huge sparks out of your knob before browning your lasagna?

This post should lead to some interesting search hits.

No comments: