If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

I Can Call You Betty

The company I work for is a fuscurhinocracy* and that's not good for me. Others have suggested it might be a hobbitocracy, but without seeing those furry feet, who can tell.

I can't become a fuscurhinocrat because that's the worst thing someone can be in my book. Well, aside from being a hypocrite. Or two-faced. (Both of those just being the more egregious forms of liars.) There are a couple others but I'm staying away from Yiddish today.

It is too bad it is not a meritocracy, then I'd do fine. If it was rhinocracy I'd be CEO already.

Since I can't actually be a fuscurhinocrat, I can at least modify my work to be more like them. That includes incompetent design, incomplete architecture and lack of leadership. It'll be tough but I've got plenty of role models around. If you think this post sucks then I'm on the right track.

I can hear Paul Simon playing inside my head...

A man walks down the street
He says why am I soft in the middle now
...

* - fuscurhinocracy - from the Latin "fuscus" meaning brown, rhino meaning nose and ocracy which you should know what that means.

No comments: