If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Monday, July 02, 2007

PortPost

My first flight today was scheduled to leave around 4. My dad had a follow-up doctor visit at 1:30. Some asswipes in the UK exploded an SUV or something at an airport. Added up, it meant being dropped off at the airport around 1 and leaving my parents' place around 12:30.

At 11am, my dad comes in, dressed and ready to go. My mom asks what time we're leaving. I think this is the 5th or 6th time she's asked. Translation: we want to leave earlier.
Me: How about a little before 12:30.
Mom: OK.

That's OK as in "OK, we'll leave at 12:15, unless we leave earlier." We were in the car at 12:15. Fiddled with the GPS for 5 minutes. Got to the airport at 12:40. Fortunately, I would the new security procedures to slow me down.

The new security procedure was: after showing your ID at the security line, you had to show your ID at the security line again. Wow, do I feel safer.

Posted thanks to free airport WiFi.

No comments: