If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Big 5-0

This post was going to be about how my main character in City of Heroes hit level 50 last night (woot!) but this morning's drive story trumps it.

After pulling out of my garage I noticed a Subaru driving a bit too fast coming down the street of my apartment complex. I wisely let him pass. We were both going in the same direction. Despite his apparent urgency, stop-signs and red lights conspired to keep me right behind him. At the third red light, he was the second car and I was third. There is a big "No Turn On Red" sign at the intersection. Without any warning, this guy started smashing the back of his fist onto the steering wheel. Imagine someone with a rubber stamp trying to mark something "Paid". Paid! Paid! Paid! Over and over. Each time his horn (or was it just the noise of the steering wheel itself?) would let out a little yelp. Paid! (meep) Paid! (meep) I literally pushed myself back in my seat trying to stay away. He hit it about 10 times then stopped. Man, oh, man. After a couple seconds of calm, PAID! One last smash. The light changed and all three cars headed in the same direction (note that there is no place to pass) for about a mile until Subabrute needed to turn left (the first car and I continued straight). Subabrute actually passed the first car while in the short left turn lane then screeched around the corner, amazingly, without spinning out or hitting anything.

No comments: