If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Here Comes Dessert

No, I didn't see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yet.

I recently bought a bag of Snyder's of Hanover New York Deli Style flavored pretzel pieces. Now, before you click the link, what do you think they taste like? I will tell you that I did not read the label before trying them. I couldn't imagine what they would taste like. The anticipation was killing me.
The first thing that struck me was the brilliant idea to take broken pretzels and turn them into a product. That is brilliant. The taste started with a strong rye flavor. Ah, I get it, deli -> rye bread. Sure. Then mustard. Hmm. That's a bit odd. Mustard on rye? Something else too that I couldn't quite finger. I ate a few more. Man, I swear I'm getting a corned beef flavor but that would be crazy. So I read the bag:

"[...]if you like the taste of a real, deli-made corned beef on rye with Swiss cheese, you'll love our bite-size New York Deli Style Pieces!"
Now if I combine these with those pickle chips and someone comes out with a Dr. Brown's Tortilla chip I'll be set.

No comments: