If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekend Watch

This past weekend I watch two DVDs:
Penn & Teller's Bullsh*t (Season 2, disc 2) - This disc skewers Recycling, Profanity, New Age (including Yoga and Tantric Sex) and the Fountain of Youth. Recycling? What's wrong with recycling? Oh, man. And Yoga too? I just started Yoga. (Good news, the stretching is OK for the most part, they just skewer the mind/spirit aspect. Whew!) Very funny!
Hoop Dreams - A fairly old documentary (1994) that follows two kids from very poor areas of Chicago through high school with dreams of making it to the NBA. At nearly 3 hours long, it needed to be very compelling to watch the whole thing and it was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All right, I'll bite. What's wrong with recycling?

talljay said...

From their website:
"Here's the truth: recycling is garbage. The recycling industry creates pollution, has to be subsidized by the government because it's cost ineffective, and is completely unnecessary. Contrary to popular belief, our landfills are not running out of space - we have enough room to last for thousands of years! So how did the bullshit of recycling get started?"

Anonymous said...

Dawn saw that episode....

She said, "yep, they're absolutely right. But, I'm going to keep recycling anyway because it makes me feel better."

I growled and threw my plastic bottle in the fuschia bin...

talljay said...

Well, I'm still recycling too (partly because it's the law and partly because whether I do or not, the recycling truck is still going to come around) but I don't feel as good about it as I used to.