If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Just Throw It In the Fryer, That'll Kill Anything

Decades ago, I started my work phase of life by joining the Arby's family. I have many funny stories from those days. One of them was about the "roast beef". I remember seeing this stuff before it went into the oven and it was white, not beefy red as you might guess. I remembered it said something about the ingredients including ground beef. I remember thinking that it was quite strange.
Well, I just happened to be thinking about Arby's, went to their website and found, in their nutrition guide, a list of ingredients in their Roast Beef:

Trimmed boneless beef chunks (minimum 70%) combined with chopped beef for a maximum of 12% fat. Contains up to 9.0% of a self-basting solution of water, salt, sodium phosphate.
After my summer at Arby's, I didn't eat there again until this past year.

Edited by: Rick S.

No comments: