If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Yellow Lung Journalism

If you saw the headline:

Cancer death rate higher in nonsmoking men

what would you expect the article to be about? I'll now read your mind and tell you are wrong. It's not about that at all. It's about how non-smoking men who have lung cancer die at a slightly higher rate than non-smoking women who have lung cancer. Imagine the irony, if the person who wrote the headline...no, no, let's not go there.

This is so blatantly misleading you'd think it was from The Weekly World News or something. But no...it's CNN. I was not going to link the article but I'm pretty sure my huge following won't tilt the hit rate for the article. So here it is.

No comments: