If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Kiss My Food

I often make food without a recipe. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Tonight it did.

Tonight I did something that I do on occasion. I looked through my cupboard and try to pick stuff that I either have too much of or it's been sitting around (almost) too long. Tonight that led me to chickpeas and tuna fish.

I mashed up a half can of chickpeas with about a tablespoon of olive oil and about a teaspoon of white vinegar (for zing). I sprinkled in some garlic powder, onion, paprika, parsley and black pepper. I then mashed in a can of tuna and 2 or 3 tablespoons of mayo. Delicious.

Basically this is a combination of tuna and hummus. I call it Tuchis. I suggest eating Tuchis along with a tossed salad. I'll be bringing in my Tuchis tomorrow for lunch. I'm sure everyone will be jealous and wanting a bite of my Tuchis but only I'll get to eat it. Maybe I can manufacture my Tuchis in Mianus?

No comments: