If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Fastest Way To A Man's Heart

Everyone deals with things in different ways. Tomorrow, my dad is having open heart surgery. Here are some of the reactions so far:

  • Positivity ("He'll be fine.")
  • Empathy ("My grandpa just had that done.")
  • Apologizing ("Oh, I'm so sorry!")
  • Crying
  • Praying
  • Mothering ("Should you be eating that before your surgery?")
  • Controlling ("Here's what you must do...")
  • Supporting ("What can I do to help?")
  • Data mining ("Did you know the mortality rate for bypass surgery is only 0.2%?")
  • and, of course, Humor ("No. I didn't. But I assume if it was much higher you wouldn't be telling what it was.")
Unfortunately, my favorite will be off limits around Dad; at least until we're sure those stitches will hold.

1 comment:

Robinsen Clerk said...

Thanks for helping all by posting this valuable information in this great article.
Thanks for this great and helpful information.