If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

15 Minutes of Fame

I wrote about this before. I snapped this pretty late in the game. You can clearly see two people taking my picture, plus the one on the left who is looking at the picture her friend (the guy holding the handbag, somethings in this world are universal) just took.

I think part of this is certainly my height as I was clearly the tallest person in the Forbidden City at the time. (BTW-I would like to thank the 6'9" in Shanghai for taking the heat off me.) And part of it might just be that when someone takes a picture of a stranger other people might assume the stranger is some kind of celebrity.

Overall, it was nice to have people ask for my picture for a few minutes but it quickly became tiresome. And when no one wanted my picture later in the trip, it was a bit of a bummer. I think that's enough fame for me.

No comments: