If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Twilight Zone Moment

Driving in to work this morning I noticed that there was almost nobody else on the road. I actually checked my watch to see if maybe the week off had confused me and it wasn't a work day. Nope, it was Monday.

Then I heard a voice in my head that explained things. It was the radio. Deer hunting season opens today. Ah.

4 comments:

talljay said...

There was some reference to last year (or maybe it was season) having had only 50-something injuries.

Anonymous said...

Sound like time to take a trip to Hawk Mountain.

talljay said...

snuffy - Did you see this? From the Hawk Mountain website:
Trails Closed
Mon & Tues, Nov 28 & 29
For visitor safety, all trails and lookouts will be closed the first two days of deer hunting season, and the River of Rocks, Golden Eagle, Escarpment and Skyline Trail will remain closed until December 10. The Visitor Center will remain open.

Anonymous said...

No, I didn't actully look at their web site, but the whole areas seeemed set up for hunting.