If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Monday, August 13, 2007

The Jay Jay Post

About once a month or so, I make a visit to Aldi. For those of you who don't know, Aldi is a mostly very cheap, mostly store-brand, bad-part-of-town (cheap rents) kind of grocery store. The store's are small and have a limited selection of a few hundred items (many of them junk food). The dairy section is probably smaller than the milk section at your supermarket. The vegetables could all fit in the lettuce section. The fruits wouldn't even fill the apple section.

The store brands have various names: Casa Mamita for Mexican food, Millville for cereal, Fit & Active for "healthy" food, Grandessa for "fancy" food, etc.

Today I was browsing the Personal Care section. This section has a multivitamin, decongestant, antihistamine, deodorant, etc. Until today I had never noticed the feminine hygiene products (pads and tampons). What caught my was the brand name.

Jafeena
I kid you not. If you don't believe me here's the trademark registered at the USPTO.

I didn't see condoms, but I assume those would be Nipees brand or something like that.

No comments: