If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Yo Fatso!

When I was in high school I used to this disgusting "weight gain" powder. Not only did it taste like cement, it did not work. I was thin as a kid. I was thin as a young adult. I'm thin now. I'm beginning to doubt that will ever change.

Tonight I was watching the Track & Field Championships and they are showing the Men's High Jump. One guy is getting ready to jump and Dwight Stones says

"Now this guy is a beast. 6'6" 184 lbs."
In the world of elite high jumping, someone my size is considered "a beast". In the world of engineering, not so much.

The next guy up was described as having a perfect build for a high jumper. He was 6'3" 134 lbs. In case you think I mistyped, that was six-three, one hundred thirty four pounds.

As I re-read this post it reminds of a quote from Planes, Trains and Automobiles
"[...]when you're telling these little stories? Here's a good idea - have a POINT. It makes it SO much more interesting for the listener!"

No comments: