If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Lights Are On But Nobody's Home

I gotta say, I love this "every Wednesday is a vacation day" plan. I feel refreshed and revived. Well, until this morning I did.

I was heading to work. Driving down a steep hill, there is a cop at the bottom (on the corner of the cross street) with his lights on. He appears to be parked (maybe giving someone a ticket or something) but I approach slowly anyway. The street I'm on is the through street. The cross street has a stop sign.

I'm about 3/4 of the way down the hill when the cop, lights still on, moves toward the intersection. I assume he's going through and slow down even more. He's just sitting there. Does he not think he can get through? Does he think I'll speed up? I slow almost to a stop and just feet away from the intersection and...

he turns off his lights. I continue through the intersection and in my rearview mirror, I watch the cop cross the intersection.

To serve and protect and drive like shit. And people are surprised when they hear about cops on the take.

No comments: