If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Mood: Dumbfounded

Well, I was just thinking that I really don't have anything to post when one just falls into my lap, er, uh, ears.

About 10 minutes ago, from across the sea of cubicles I hear "BLNGNGNGNGNG, BLNGNGNGNGNG, BLNGNGNGNGN". Someone's cell phone is ringing. It is far louder than our regular office phones. One minute later, it goes off again. A couple minutes after that it rings again and this time, loud talker (which goes with a loud ringer, I guess) answers it

LT: HELLO. {pause} (note he is now walking down the hall right by my cube toward the window for better reception) NO, I'M SORRY YOU HAVE THE WRONG NUMBER. {pause} NO THIS IS A CELL PHONE. {sound of phone folding}

LT is now walking back passed my cube and just after he passes it "BLNGNGNGNG". (Pay attention now, here's where it gets good.) He turns around and starts walking back toward the window (for better reception!) as he answers the phone:

LT: HELLO, THIS IS THE SAME NUMBER YOU JUST CALLED. {pause} NO, THIS IS A CELL PHONE IN PENNSYLVANIA. {pause} {sound of phone folding}

I would ask this guy to turn down/off his ringer and stop yelling into his phone but since he seems pretty oblivious to the world around him, I'm sure he soon be promoted to management where he'll have his own office.

No comments: