If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Pres

Went for an eye exam last week. First they tested my distance vision. With contacts in, I tested between 20/30 and 20/20 vision. Next came the reading vision test. The doctor put the reading card in my hands (which were in my lap) and asked me to read the lowest line I could read. I didn't do very well. "Uhmmm, hmmm," she said along with mentioning something about presbyopia.

Me: Well, can I hold it closer?
Doc: (stupified) Uh, if you can read it closer, sure.

With the card a foot from my face I promtly read the 20/10 line.

Note to eye doctors: when someone has a 6 1/2 foot wingspan, arms length is more like distance vision than reading vision. ;)

No comments: