If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Bigger BM Has Rarely Been Seen

In this previous post about the Radio Shack CEO, I didn't notice that in the quote is actually said "the company's board issued an unsigned statement that it stood behind its CEO..." [emphasis mine].
In the latest development comes this:

In reference to an earlier statement the company made in support of Edmondson, [RadioShack Executive Chairman Leonard] Roberts said, "In retrospect, I wish we didn't make that statement because obviously we didn't know all the facts."
Let's go back [begin harp music] a week or so when the board issued, but did not sign, that statement and listen in on the proceedings, shall we?
Board Member #1: So we are all agreed that we issue this statement. OK, you sign it it first.
BM #2: Uhm, oh, my pen just ran out of ink. Let me grab a new one.
BM #3: Here, use my pen.
BM #2 (leaving): No, this is my lucky pen. You go ahead [#3].
BM #3: Shouldn't the person who's been on the board the longest sign first?
BM #4: I don't think board seniority has anything to with it. Just sign it.
BM #5 (rushing out): Excuse me, my spastic colon is acting up, I might be a while.
BM #3: I'm not going to sign it. You sign it.
BM #1: I'm not going to sign. Hey, let's get Mikey. He'll sign anything!
...
Well with all those BMs in one room, what did you expect? Things to come out smelling like roses?

No comments: