If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Vacation Update, Part II

Got back from Austin just as the snow started (I think the flight landed 45 minutes early). The long drive from the airport went smoothly with no snow/ice accumulating on the road. Unfortunately, to avoid the worsening conditions, I skipped my usual Trader Joe's run.

I walked the big (I mean BIG) hill that my friends live on. On the way down, my toes were completely jammed into the front of my sneakers. Getting back to the top felt like a real accomplishment.

Thursday night I went to a book club meeting (the book was Middlesex). The 7-9pm meeting ended at midnight. The group (6 of us total) spent maybe 20% of the time discussing the book (which I and four others thought was very good), 30% discussing what to read next (The Plague by Kamus) and the rest just talking. (These numbers are only estimates, YMMV).

Overall, a very relaxing vacation.

No comments: