If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Or Maybe A Perfume Name

Hi. My name is Jay and I'm addicted to captchas.

I don't know what it is about these things but they fascinate me; apparently to no end. I realize I've only posted one before but believe me, I've wanted to post many, many more (and thank me for not).

I guess I like to pronounce them and wonder, "If that were a word, what would it mean and what would be the clue for it in a crossword puzzle?"

Clearly, this one is no ordinary captcha. Enjay. Mmmm. Your first thought might be that this word is like a combination of enjoy and jay but does the word "banana" mean you want to get rid of your grandmother?

I imagine it is a word of French origin, so it is pronounced on-zhay'. It means "full of life, gusto, expectation". It's kind of like an antonym of ennui. For example: I am feeling enjay at the prospect of coining a new word.

No comments: