If you're looking for the funniest stuff, I suggest starting with the Steve, Don't Eat It Homage and then the travel category. You're on your own with the older posts that have yet to be categorized.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Stick Out Your Neck Hole

Just got my flu shot. Looking at last year's post on this subject I note no adverse reaction to the shot but a certain predilection for Shakespearean post titles.

As I walk in to the shooting room, people walking out (actually, only the men walking out) are either tucking their shirts back in or putting them back on. I'm wearing a mock turtleneck shirt today. I push the sleeve up to expose most of my triceps but that's about it. I ask wear the shot needs to go. "In the [something] deltoid," says the guy giving the shot.

Fortunately, I'm skinny and my shirt is stretchier than expected and I pop my shoulder up through the neck hole a little.

Me: "That enough?"
Shooter: "Fine."
(pause as he uncaps the needle)
Shooter: "You're gonna feel a little prick."
Me: "Like Mark Foley."
(pause for the shot)
Shooter: "That's a light colored shirt. Do you want a Band-Aid?"

Hopefully my reaction to the shot will be the same as the shooter's reaction to my joke.

No comments: